We currently offer several different standard sizes.
- 244 portrait panels (longest dimension top to bottom) are 24″ x 48″ (2′ x 4′) – Starting at $175
- 244 landscape panels (longest dimension left to right) are 48″ x 24″ (4′ x 2′) – Starting at $175
- 334 square panels are 36″ x 36″ (3′ x 3′) – Starting at $199
- 444 square panels are 48″ x 48″ (4′ x 4′) – Starting at $375
- Cascade panels consist of 3 – 244 portrait panels which are 72″ x 48″ (6′ x 4′) in total but will hang wider depending on how far you space them apart on the wall. – Starting at $525
- C64 ceiling clouds are 72″ x 40″ x 4″ – Starting at $699
We custom build a multitude of different shapes and sizes too. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our 2-inch and 4-inch panels perform precisely the same regarding reverb, ringing, reflections, and sounds above 500Hz. If your room is already sonically perfect in the low-end spectrum, you can get by with 2-inch acoustic panels.
However, 99% of the time, you’ll need low-end absorption. 4-inch panels (also known as bass traps) provide four times better control than 2-inch panels at 125Hz.
Our frames are built with high-quality 13 ply Baltic Birchwood for strength, durability and because Baltic Birch doesn’t warp easily.
Our panel cores consist of non-toxic studio-grade mineral wool with an NRC rating of 1.10 (better performance than fiberglass in most room situations)
Our unique fabric is an acoustically transparent, stretchable, fire-resistant polyester fabric capable of having high-resolution graphics printed on it with our top-of-the-line dye sublimation machines.
Make no mistake. Our products aren’t just for show; they’re PROFESSIONALLY designed and built studio-grade acoustic panels with an NRC (noise reduction coefficient) rating of 1.10.
Our panel cores are made of a 3.5-inch thick, non-toxic material known as mineral wool. When soundwaves penetrate the core, the energy from the sound waves causes friction that converts to heat (a very tiny amount!!). The residual sound waves that make it through the panel bounce off the wall and back through the panel a second time for even more sonic absorption.
There’s an old saying that goes “You get what you pay for.” We couldn’t agree more.
Believe it or not, you’re not really doing much to improve your sound when you use acoustic foam. Scientific measurements show that foam, egg crates, curtains or other thin materials don’t really do anything at all to fix the crucial mid range and bass problems of most rooms. You need a thick absorbent material like rockwool or fiber glass to fix anything effectively in those frequencies.
While we understand that our products aren’t for everyone, we are still 100% committed to building the BEST PREMIUM PRODUCTS for unique & forward thinking individuals who value quality, performance, as well as a slick, uncompromising esthetic for their personal & professional spaces above all else.
Here at PSY Acoustics, we believe that sometimes, the best things in life don’t always come easy, and if you want to create a brand that is synonymous with the highest standards, you simply DO NOT skimp or undersell yourself. It’s as simple as that!
The short answer is yes. Our power adapters work with either 110v or 220v input, but the plugs themselves are for the US outlet standard only.
You’ll need to purchase an additional power adapter to convert the US plug to your country’s standard plug to power them. Adapters are relatively cheap. If you live in Europe, we recommend checking out this link on Amazon.
Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
If you’ve seen pictures of our panels on Twitter or Instagram with certain images you want for yourself, and can’t find them in our catalog, it’s because those were custom made panels, and the images were submitted to us by the person purchasing those particular panels.
We’ve done many projects for clients using their custom logos, designs, and artwork. We’ve even custom-printed panels with photographs.
All graphics provided to us need to be 300dpi (dots per inch) minimum to ensure the highest quality print possible. Anything below 300dpi runs the risk of coming out blocky or fuzzy, and is not recommended. On rare occasions, we can use a lower resolution file, but many variables contribute to whether or not it will look good.
We’re currently working with a new AI system that upscales lower resolution images into a more usable, printable image. We can try running your image(s) through this if you don’t have a high res file, but we can’t make any promises that it will make it better. Lower resolution files are hit and miss depending on the source material, and how low the image resolution was, to begin with.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss custom graphics you are thinking about getting, and we’ll let you know what we can do.
First, let’s talk about resolution.
DPI (dots per inch) is a measure of the resolution of a print. The higher the dot density, the higher the resolution of the print or scan. DPI measures the number of dots placed in a line across one inch or 2.54 centimeters. The higher the DPI, the sharper the image. Higher resolution images provide the printer and printing device more information. You’ll see the finest of details and a greater resolution from a 300dpi image or higher.
A lower DPI will produce an image with fewer dots in the printing. No matter how robust your printer may be, lower resolution images won’t provide enough raw data to produce high-quality prints. The ink spreads on the page, making the edges look fuzzy.
We recommend submitting all custom images at 300 dpi, but if your images are lower DPI, we may be able to work with them anyway. It all depends on the image.
Most images that you download from the internet are likely going to be at 72 DPI. Typically this wouldn’t be a high enough quality to print on a panel. However, we have used a few of these kinds of images because of our proprietary image technology, which uses artificial intelligence to upscale resolution on lower quality images.
When you are ready to order your custom panels, please choose a panel size at the custom panel page (244, 344, 444, Cascade, C64). After choosing your mounting/lighting/thickness options from the dropdown menus, you will be prompted to upload an image. Please follow the instructions accordingly, and then add to cart. When you have added all of your products, you are ready for checkout.
If your image(s) are usable (meaning adequate resolution, aspect ratio which fits the sized panels you have chosen), we will contact you by email with a 3d mockup for your approval. Upon approval, we will put your order into the build queue.
Yes, and here’s the best part: we can print just about any shade of color you can imagine because we use such high-end dye-sublimation printers.
Send us your digital color swatch, we’ll get it matched and printed.
Contact us at email@example.com
Technically speaking, our 4″ thick panels ARE bass traps but aren’t optimized for corner placement, although you could put them in the corners of your room if you had space.
We do make a corner cabinet bass trap but currently don’t have them listed in our catalog. We offered a 4′ tall black cedar corner cabinet for a while, but they were expensive to make and felt like it wasn’t worth our time and effort as they were pretty pricey ($1200 per pair). We will, however, make exceptions under the right circumstances.
If you’d like custom-built corner bass traps for your studio let us know what you’re looking for, and we’ll help get you what you need!
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our panels work in virtually any environment where getting the noise floor under control is a must. The noise floor is the measure of the signal created from the sum of all the noise sources and unwanted signals within a measurement system, where noise is defined as any signal other than the one being monitored.
Here are some examples:
- Restaurants / Bars / Cafes – Have you ever noticed some restaurants have a ton of unwanted ambient noise? Our panels help reduce the overall noise floor, creating an immeasurably more comfortable experience for patrons.
- Living Rooms / Home Theaters – Want to get your living room or home theater tuned up? Contact us and let us know, and we’ll let you know how we can help!
- Office Areas / Conference Rooms – Office areas can have severe noise problems depending on the design and layout, with many people walking, talking, computing, and running printers. We can help make office environments quieter, bringing a sense of calm instead of chaos.
- Man Caves / She Shacks / Gaming – Our panels are perfect for practically any room in the house. Tighten up the look, sound, and feel of all your entertainment spaces while creating a magical backdrop.
- Podcast / Streaming Studios
- Museums / Art Galleries
Are you ready to take your space to the next level?
Let PSY make it a reality!
Contact us at email@example.com
payment & shipping questions
Panels shipped within the United states will still be at 48″ and panels outside of the United states will be at 46″.
The reason for this is because shipping overseas with DHL is infinitely more expensive when one dimension of the box is 48″ or more. So in order to get the shipping rates down, we shave off 2 inches from any panel with a dimension of 48″.
If you add one inch for the box we package our panels in, that makes the longest dimension 47″ which is one inch below the threshold for an oversized fee.
Currently, we accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover, etc) using Stripe.
We just got a DHL Express international shipping account set up, so we are ready to ship to ALL COUNTRIES! To find out how much shipping to your country will be, please put the items you want in your cart and click the “View Cart” button. Then you will need to click “Calculate Shipping” and enter your city, and zip code for the cart shipping calculator to pull rates from DHL.
If you are ordering more than 110 pounds (50kg) worth of products from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as DHL gives us a discount to ship more than that weight. We will need to call them to find out what the rate will be.
244 (2′ x 4′ x 4″) Portrait and Landscape panels are, by far, the most cost effective products we make to ship. They fit into a specific size vs. weight category that all our shipping carriers don’t charge as much for, especially when shipping multiples of them.
Our products weigh about 2 lbs per square foot. You can rightfully assume that the bigger the product is, the more it’s going to cost to ship. We also include packaging costs and MANDATORY shipping insurance in our shipping quotes. This is because our products are expensive to make, and non repairable. If something gets damaged during shipping, we need to cover our end and make sure we don’t get stuck with the replacement cost.
To find out how much shipping your items will cost, please add the items you want in your cart and click the “View Cart” button. Then you will need to click “Calculate Shipping” and enter your city, and zip code for the cart shipping calculator to pull rates from our carriers.
If you are outside of the United States and ordering more than 110 pounds (50kg) worth of products from us, please contact us at email@example.com as DHL gives us a discount to ship more than that weight. We will need to call DHL to find out what your discount will be.
We’re not entirely sure how Fedex determines its rates, but it’s true, it is more cost effective to ship panels in multiples of two or three rather than one.
For instance, if we add one 244 panel to the cart, and use Portland, OR as our destination city, you can see that Fedex returns a rate of $78.21.
If we add another 244 panel, we can see that Fedex returns a rate of $92.25
This means that shipping one panel by itself costs $78.27 and shipping two panels together equal out to $47.62 per panel to ship. This is certainly a more cost effective shipping strategy!
While we understand that free shipping seems to be the norm these days, we’re not a big company who can afford to do this, like Amazon can. Our products are big and bulky, and we simply can’t afford to pay shipping on top of our material and labor costs. If we were selling smaller items, it would be much easier to offer our customers free shipping.
Most likely, but it depends on how those are set up for your country. Here is a video on the Fedex site about duties and taxes, and how they’re calculated.
While we make every effort to package our products so that this doesn’t happen, occasionally a box will get mangled during shipping and will damage the contents inside.
If your box shows up with excessive physical damage, please take pictures of the box as well as the damaged goods. You will then need to contact the shipping carrier to begin an insurance claim. We insure every single order for its full value, and the shipping company will be required to provide you a full refund for any damaged products as long as you provide ample photo evidence of the damage.
PLEASE INSPECT YOUR BOXES IMMEDIATELY UPON DELIVERY, BEFORE OPENING THEM! ALSO, DO NOT OPEN YOUR BOXES WITH A KNIFE OR SHARP OBJECT OF ANY KIND. NO RETURNS WILL BE ALLOWED AS A RESULT OF IMPROPER UNPACKAGING DAMAGE!
Because we don’t keep any panels in stock, all of our products are made to order (we build them from scratch each time). Also, our products are currently in high demand, and so orders can take anywhere between 4 – 6 weeks to build, package and ship. Sometimes we’re able to get orders out sooner, but we allot ourselves this time window to ensure that each order is built to the highest industry standards.
We will contact you and let you know if your order will be completed any sooner (or later) than this.
We offer 3 different mounting solutions which are included at no additional charge with every panel you purchase.
- Wall mounted – Comes with two metal brackets and mounting screws. One bracket attaches to the top back of the panel facing down, and the other to the wall facing up. The panel then rests comfortably on the wall bracket. We also include a 1 inch rubber bumper that screws to the back bottom middle of the panel, and rests on the wall, giving the panel a 1 inch air gap. This allows for the RGB LED light to be seen around the edges and also helps absorb more sound.
- Cable mounted – Comes with eye hooks that screw into the top of the panel, and two hooks that screw into the ceiling, as well as 1/16th inch metal cable and crimps. This is a little bit more complicated to install because you have to measure out the distance from the ceiling to the top of the panel and cut all the cables accordingly, but looks classy when it’s done right. This option is best when you are hanging panels in front of windows and doors and cannot use the wall mounts. Please be sure to measure the ceiling hooks so that they screw in 3 inches away from the wall. This ensures that the panel will hang with a 1 inch air gap off the wall.
- Ceiling mounted – Regular panels come with 4 hooks that screw into the 4 back corners, 4 hooks that screw into the ceiling as well as 4 short chains. C64 ceiling clouds come with 6 hooks that screw into the 4 back corners as well as two in the back middle (for additional support), 6 hooks for the ceiling and 6 short chains. We recommend you consult a contractor when hanging C64 ceiling clouds to ensure the panel is anchored properly into wooden support beams beneath the dry wall. This will ensure that the weight of the panel is supported and won’t come crashing down.
* We DO NOT recommend you hang C64 ceiling clouds directly into dry wall as most dry wall will not support heavy weights. PSY Acoustics will not be responsible for ANY damage or injury that results from improper installation.
If you’re like most musicians / producers these days, you’re probably working from home in a spare bedroom or perhaps a basement or garage. The problem with smaller rooms with low ceilings is that there isn’t a lot of room for sound waves (especially lower frequencies) to develop. Add to that, that square rooms are the WORST possible shape, sonically speaking, because of the high amount of standing waves that build up.
Unless you have a big room and an extremely large budget for acoustic treatment, it’s likely that your room will always have some issues. While room calibration software has come a VERY long way over the last few years, it still doesn’t take the place of properly treating a room. We recommend using software like Sonarworks Reference 4 in conjunction with our panels.
We’ve had a LOT of success making home studios sound incredible by installing panels, a ceiling cloud, and sometimes, corner bass traps. Any other problematic areas after that were corrected by Reference 4.
all other questions
Awesome! We’re always looking for amazing new people to work with! Here are our guidelines and requirements for artist endorsements:
- That you have a sizable social media following (50k+ REAL, NOT PAID FOR FOLLOWERS)
- That you create a short endorsement video for us after panel installation and post it on all of your social media channels or other relevant sites.
- That you post regularly from the space our panels are in so that theyu can be seen on a regular basis, and that you tag PSY Acoustics in any photos our panels are in.
Please note, that we don’t do endorsement deals for one off pieces, and will only consider an endorsement deal if we’re outfitting your entire space
Because we are a small company and our products are expensive to make, we do not typically offer our products to artists free of charge. We simply don’t have the resources for that currently. We do, however, offer our panels to endorsed artists at cost (plus shipping).
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your info and we’ll get back to you if we think you’re a good fit!Endorsement Application
Great! We are ALWAYS looking for new visual artists to work with!
Please send an email with your name and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com and we will contact you if we think you’re a good fit!