Currently, we offer a few different standard sizes.
- 334 square panels are 36″ x 36″ x 4″ (3′ x 3′) – Starting at $199
- 444 square panels are 48″ x 48″ x 4″ (4′ x 4′) – Starting at $399
- 244 portrait panels (longest dimension top to bottom) are 24″ x 48″ x 4″ (2′ x 4′) – Starting at $199
- 244 landscape panels (longest dimension left to right) are 48″ x 24″ x 4″ (4′ x 2′) – Starting at $199
- C64 ceiling clouds are 72″ x 42″ x 4″ (6′ x 3 1/2′) – Starting at $699
- Cascade panels consist of three 244 portrait panels which is 72″ x 48″ (6′ x 4′) in total, but will hang wider depending on how far you space them apart on the wall. – Starting at $599
* 224 panels have been discontinued due to lack of sales/interest.
We make all of our frames from high quality 13 ply Baltic Birch plywood for strength and durability, and also because this type of wood doesn’t warp as easily.
All panel cores are made of a non-toxic, 3.5″ thick studio grade mineral wool which has an NRC rating of 1.10 (performs better in most cases than standard fiber glass cores).
We print our high resolution graphics on a special acoustically transparent, stretchable and fire resistant polyester fabric using top of the line dye sublimation machines.
Many of our competitor’s products (we’ve ordered a few just for comparison sake) are made very cheaply, using light, thin materials that look like they came off a Chinese assembly line. Our products are HAND MADE in the USA using materials that are made to last.
Make no mistake, our products aren’t just for show, they’re PROFESSIONALLY designed studio grade acoustic panels with an NRC rating of 1.10. All of our panel cores are made of a 3.5 inch thick, non-toxic material called mineral wool. When the sound wave penetrates the core, the sound energy through friction is changed into heat. The residual sound that doesn’t get absorbed on the way in bounces off the back wall and then back through the panel a second time for even more sonic absorption.
Every single professional acoustic treatment company out there claims that their product’s absorption properties are superior to everyone else’s, but in all actuality, most top-end professional products are pretty much equal (including ours). This is because there are really only two viable core material options that are effective in controlling the full audio spectrum. One of which is Owens Corning 703 fiber glass, and the other is mineral wool (which in most cases, performs better than standard fiberglass cores). Any other bells and whistles beyond that is simply marketing hype, and doesn’t make a reasonable amount of difference, sonically speaking.
What it comes down to in the end is thickness & build quality. We guarantee you won’t find better built panels on the market. We know because we’ve actually done real-world comparisons with many of our competitors products. At PSY Acoustics, we simply don’t skimp on materials. Additionally, every single panel is built completely by hand to the highest industry standards.
The short answer to this is, yes, but unfortunately all of our power adapters for our LED systems are for the US outlet standard. That being said, all of our power adapters work with either 110v or 220v input.
You will need to buy a power adapter to convert from US to your country’s standard in order to plug them in. The adapters are relatively cheap.
For example, if you live in Europe check this link on Amazon
We now offer prints (fabric) only for $99 each. Please see the link below:
We’ve done several projects for people where they’ve sent us logos and studio names to incorporate into the artwork, and even some panels where we’ve printed custom photos for them. Anything is possible!
In order to ensure the highest quality print, we ask that all graphics you provide to us be at 300dpi (dots per inch). This will ensure that the print doesn’t come out blocky or low res. That being said, sometimes we can use a lower resolution file if we make some adjustments to it. We have a brand new system that uses artificial intelligence to upscale lower resolution images into a more usable (printable) format. Sometimes it works great, and sometimes it doesn’t. It just depends on the source material and how low res it is to begin with. We can try running your image(s) through this if you don’t have a high res file, but we can’t make any promises that it will work.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any custom graphics you are thinking about getting and we’ll let you know what we can do.
First, let’s talk about resolution.
DPI, or dots per inch, is a measure of the resolution of a print. The higher the dot density, the higher the resolution of the print or scan. Typically, DPI is the measure of the number of dots that can be placed in a line across one inch, or 2.54 centimeters.
The higher the DPI, the sharper the image. A higher resolution image provides the printer and printing device more information. You can get more detail and greater resolution from an image with higher DPI.
A lower DPI will produce an image with fewer dots in printing. No matter how powerful your printer is, a low-resolution image doesn’t provide enough raw data to produce high-quality images. The ink will spread on the page, making the edges look fuzzy.
We recommend submitting all custom images at 300 dpi, but if your images are lower DPI, we may be able to work with them anyway. It all depends on the image.
Most images that you download from the internet are likely going to be at 72 DPI. This typically wouldn’t be high enough quality to print on a panel. HOWEVER, we have been able to use a few of these kinds of images in the past because of our proprietary image technology which uses artificial intelligence to upscale resolution on lower quality images.
When you are ready to order your custom panels, please email us at email@example.com and attach you image(s) to the email so that we can take a look at them, and then work with you to get your image formatted properly for the size panel(s) you have chosen.
Once we have your image formatted properly, we will send you a 3d mockup for your approval. Then you can order from the sizes below.
Yep, and here’s the best part… because we’re using such high end dye sublimation printers, we can do just about any shade of color you can think of. Just send us a digital swatch of the color(s) you like, and we can print it.
Yes, but we don’t have them listed in our catalog currently. We were offering a 4′ tall black cedar corner cabinet for a little while, but they are expensive to make and we felt like it wasn’t really worth our time and effort since they were too pricey for most people ($1200 per pair). However, we will make exceptions under the right circumstances.
If you are interested in having us build you custom bass traps for your studio, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you’re looking for so we can help you get what you need.
Our panels can be used in a wide array of environments where you need to get the sound under control. For instance:
- Restaurants/Bars/Cafes – Ever notice that some restaurants have a ton of unwanted ambient noise? Our panels can not only help to take the sound level down to a comfortable level, but can also help add style and panache.
- Office areas/Conference Rooms – Some office areas have a severe noise problem because of the high amount people talking as well as computer and printers running. We can help make your office environment sound less chaotic.
- Living rooms & Home theatres – Want to get your living room or home theater tuned up? Contact us and let us know, and we’ll let you know how we can help!
- Gaming / Man Caves – Our panels are perfect for your man cave, gaming room, or any other environment for gaming. Tighten up the sound in your space while creating a magical backdrop to your gaming/streaming experience!
- Podcast/Streaming Studios
- Museums/Art Galleries
payment & shipping questions
There’s an old saying that goes “You get what you pay for.” We couldn’t agree more.
Believe it or not, you’re not really doing much to improve your sound when you use acoustic foam. Scientific measurements show that foam, egg crates, curtains or other thin materials don’t really do anything at all to fix the crucial mid range and bass problems of most rooms. You need a thick absorbent material like rockwool or fiber glass to fix anything effectively in those frequencies.
While we understand that our products aren’t for everyone, we are still 100% committed to building the BEST PREMIUM PRODUCTS for unique & forward thinking individuals who value quality, performance, as well as a slick, uncompromising esthetic for their personal & professional spaces above all else.
Here at PSY Acoustics, we believe that sometimes, the best things in life don’t always come easy, and if you want to create a brand that is synonymous with the highest standards, you simply DO NOT skimp or undersell yourself. It’s as simple as that!
Currently, we accept all major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover, etc) using Stripe. We also accept PayPal.
We currently work with PayPal for financing. Click on “Pay Later” during checkout to apply for PayPal credit.
We just got a DHL Express international shipping account set up, so we are ready to ship to ALL COUNTRIES! To find out how much shipping to your country will be, please put the items you want in your cart and click the “View Cart” button. Then you will need to click “Calculate Shipping” and enter your city, and zip code for the cart shipping calculator to pull rates from DHL.
If you are ordering more than 110 pounds (50kg) worth of products from us, please contact us at email@example.com as DHL gives us a discount to ship more than that weight. We will need to call them to find out what the rate will be.
244 (2′ x 4′ x 4″) Portrait and Landscape panels are, by far, the most cost effective products we make to ship. They fit into a specific size vs. weight category that all our shipping carriers don’t charge as much for, especially when shipping multiples of them.
Our products weigh about 2 lbs per square foot. You can rightfully assume that the bigger the product is, the more it’s going to cost to ship. We also include packaging costs and MANDATORY shipping insurance in our shipping quotes. This is because our products are expensive to make, and non repairable. If something gets damaged during shipping, we need to cover our end and make sure we don’t get stuck with the replacement cost.
To find out how much shipping your items will cost, please add the items you want in your cart and click the “View Cart” button. Then you will need to click “Calculate Shipping” and enter your city, and zip code for the cart shipping calculator to pull rates from our carriers.
If you are outside of the United States and ordering more than 110 pounds (50kg) worth of products from us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org as DHL gives us a discount to ship more than that weight. We will need to call DHL to find out what your discount will be.
We’re not entirely sure how Fedex determines its rates, but it’s true, it is more cost effective to ship panels in multiples of two or three rather than one.
For instance, if we add one 244 panel to the cart, and use Portland, OR as our destination city, you can see that Fedex returns a rate of $78.21.
If we add another 244 panel, we can see that Fedex returns a rate of $92.25
This means that shipping one panel by itself costs $78.27 and shipping two panels together equal out to $47.62 per panel to ship. This is certainly a more cost effective shipping strategy!
While we understand that free shipping seems to be the norm these days, we’re not a big company who can afford to do this, like Amazon can. Our products are big and bulky, and we simply can’t afford to pay shipping on top of our material and labor costs. If we were selling smaller items, it would be much easier to offer our customers free shipping.
Most likely, but it depends on how those are set up for your country. Here is a video on the Fedex site about duties and taxes, and how they’re calculated.
While we make every effort to package our products so that this doesn’t happen, occasionally a box will get mangled during shipping and will damage the contents inside.
If your box shows up with excessive physical damage, please take pictures of the box as well as the damaged goods. You will then need to contact the shipping carrier to begin an insurance claim. We insure every single order for its full value, and the shipping company will be required to provide you a full refund for any damaged products as long as you provide ample photo evidence of the damage.
PLEASE INSPECT YOUR BOXES IMMEDIATELY UPON DELIVERY, BEFORE OPENING THEM! ALSO, DO NOT OPEN YOUR BOXES WITH A KNIFE OR SHARP OBJECT OF ANY KIND. NO RETURNS WILL BE ALLOWED AS A RESULT OF IMPROPER UNPACKAGING DAMAGE!
Because we don’t keep any panels in stock, all of our products are made to order (we build them from scratch each time) and can take anywhere between 2 – 4 weeks to build, package and ship. Sometimes we’re able to get orders out sooner, but we allot ourselves this time window to ensure that each order is built to the highest industry standards.
We will contact you and let you know if your order will be completed any sooner (or later) than this. Because of Covid in 2020, we have had some construction delays due to material shortages, but this seems to working itself out lately.
We offer 3 different mounting solutions which are included at no additional charge with every panel you purchase.
- Wall mounted – Comes with two metal brackets and mounting screws. One bracket attaches to the top back of the panel facing down, and the other to the wall facing up. The panel then rests comfortably on the wall bracket. We also include a 1 inch rubber bumper that screws to the back bottom middle of the panel, and rests on the wall, giving the panel a 1 inch air gap. This allows for the RGB LED light to be seen around the edges and also helps absorb more sound.
- Cable mounted – Comes with eye hooks that screw into the top of the panel, and two hooks that screw into the ceiling, as well as 1/16th inch metal cable and crimps. This is a little bit more complicated to install because you have to measure out the distance from the ceiling to the top of the panel and cut all the cables accordingly, but looks classy when it’s done right. This option is best when you are hanging panels in front of windows and doors and cannot use the wall mounts. Please be sure to measure the ceiling hooks so that they screw in 3 inches away from the wall. This ensures that the panel will hang with a 1 inch air gap off the wall.
- Ceiling mounted – Regular panels come with 4 hooks that screw into the 4 back corners, 4 hooks that screw into the ceiling as well as 4 short chains. C64 ceiling clouds come with 6 hooks that screw into the 4 back corners as well as two in the back middle (for additional support), 6 hooks for the ceiling and 6 short chains. We recommend you consult a contractor when hanging C64 ceiling clouds to ensure the panel is anchored properly into wooden support beams beneath the dry wall. This will ensure that the weight of the panel is supported and won’t come crashing down.
* We DO NOT recommend you hang C64 ceiling clouds directly into dry wall as most dry wall will not support heavy weights. PSY Acoustics will not be responsible for ANY damage or injury that results from improper installation.
If you’re like most musicians / producers these days, you’re probably working from home in a spare bedroom or perhaps a basement or garage. The problem with smaller rooms with low ceilings is that there isn’t a lot of room for sound waves (especially lower frequencies) to develop. Add to that, that square rooms are the WORST possible shape, sonically speaking, because of the high amount of standing waves that build up.
Unless you have a big room and an extremely large budget for acoustic treatment, it’s likely that your room will always have some issues. While room calibration software has come a VERY long way over the last few years, it still doesn’t take the place of properly treating a room. We recommend using software like Sonarworks Reference 4 in conjunction with our panels.
We’ve had a LOT of success making home studios sound incredible by installing panels, a ceiling cloud, and sometimes, corner bass traps. Any other problematic areas after that were corrected by Reference 4.
all other questions
Awesome! We’re always looking for amazing new people to work with! Here are our guidelines and requirements for artist endorsements:
- That you have a sizable social media following (50k+ REAL, NOT PAID FOR FOLLOWERS)
- That you create a short endorsement video for us after panel installation and post it on all of your social media channels or other relevant sites.
- That you post regularly from the space our panels are in so that theyu can be seen on a regular basis, and that you tag PSY Acoustics in any photos our panels are in.
Please note, that we don’t do endorsement deals for one off pieces, and will only consider an endorsement deal if we’re outfitting your entire space
Because we are a small company and our products are expensive to make, we do not typically offer our products to artists free of charge. We simply don’t have the resources for that currently. We do, however, offer our panels to endorsed artists at cost (plus shipping).
Please get in touch with us by filing out the artist endorsement application if you meet these requirements and want to work with us!Endorsement Application
Great! We are ALWAYS looking for new visual artists to work with!
Please send an email with your name and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com and we will contact you if we think you’re a good fit!